Skip To Content

DI Students and Professor
Facebook Instagram Twitter


Dietetic Internship Program

School of Adult and Graduate Education

DI Rotations & Curriculum

DI Program Calendars

2024-2025 Class Calendars:

  • DI Rotation Calendar

    Detailed Program Calendars for combined master’s programs available to interested applicants

DI Curriculum

Meeting ACEND's mandated 1000 hours, interns will complete rotations in clinical nutrition, food service management and community nutrition. Interns complete didactic online coursework which complements the supervised practice experience.  Coursework counts towards master’s degree completion.

Supervised Practice

The DI includes three core rotations [Clinical, Food Service Management (FSM), and Community] and a Concentration rotation [Community or Diabetes].  Each rotation includes guided experiences and assignments that will enable interns to meet the ACEND-required competencies.

DI-required Supervised Practice Experiences

  • Clinical Nutrition | 10 weeks | 350 hours
  • Food Service Management | 5 weeks | 200 hours
  • Community Nutrition | 8 weeks | 300 hours
  • Concentration | 5 weeks | 200 hours

Online Classes for the Internship include:

DI-required Graduate Classes

  • Clinical Nutrition (3 credits)
  • Food Service Management (3 credits)
  • Community Nutrition (3 credits)
  • Advanced Community Nutrition (3 credits)  

Online Graduate Program Options:

12 graduate credits embedded into the dietetic internship are counted towards the following online graduate programs:

Applicants must have a master’s degree already, be enrolled in a master’s degree program, or enroll in one of our master’s degree programs at the time of acceptance*

* Effective January 1, 2024, the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) will require a minimum of a master’s degree to be eligible to take the credentialing exam to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN).  All students accepted into the 2023 internship cohort must enroll in one of the above master's programs or provide proof of conferred master's degree