To meet program completion requirements and be issued a verification statement, each intern in either the onsite or distance track must:
- Complete a minimum of 1000 hours in supervised practice as defined by the Dietetic Internship Program Rotation Calendar within 150% of the program's length for the stand-alone DI. Note: A minimum of 700 hours must be completed in professional work settings. The majority of the professional work settings hours spent in the major rotations must be completed onsite.
- Complete all didactic coursework with a final course grade of B (83%) or higher. This includes completion of all assigned learning activities, assignments, quizzes, case studies, and attendance at all required lectures.
- Achieve a rating of "Pass" or "Meets expectations" in all supervised practice rotations and associated ACEND competency-based assignments.
- Complete all pre-requisite onboarding, intern orientation, criminal history and background clearance, and medical compliance according to the state and/or all supervised practice facility guidelines.
- Effective for the 2023 internship cohort, students must provide the Program with proof of a conferred graduate degree.
- If enrolled in one of the DI/Master’s Combined Programs, the conferred graduate degree will be issued upon successfully completing their respective graduate program’s course requirements as defined in the Graduate Catalogue and verified by official transcripts provided by the Registrar’s Office after the degree is conferred.
- To complete the Stand-alone DI Certificate Program, the conferred degree must be provided upon acceptance into the Program.