Business Administration Major
Business Administration - Hospitality & Tourism Concentration
The mission of the business administration major at Cedar Crest College is to provide an educational experience that will allow you, as a graduate, to engage the world with passion and skill as a business leader and strong human being, and the focus to discover where your talents meet the needs of the regional, national and international communities.
This is a professional program grounded in the liberal arts that incorporates modern thinking in creativity, communication, leadership, relationships, and analysis, with the fundamental rigor of functional skills necessary to lead and grow organizations. Some important details about this program:
- To maximize your professional development, you will be encouraged to explore multiple areas of interest. You may minor in economics or study a field complementary to business such as psychology, communications, the sciences, the arts or computer technology.
- In order to receive a degree in business administration at Cedar Crest, you must complete the business core curriculum courses, the business administration requirements, and the requirements of at least one focus area: economics, health care management, human resources, leadership, management or marketing.
Students in the Business Administration major will describe, explain and apply fundamental concepts and relationships underlying accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and management information systems. Students will:
- Effectively communicate in the context of business (oral and written communication.)
- Collaborate in a business environment and function effectively as team members.
- Engage in critical thinking and effective decision-making in a business applying information technology appropriately.
- Learn to act ethically in businesses and apply a global lens which values cultural diversity.
- Demonstrate proficiency in core functional areas of business including accounting, economics/finance, marketing, management, planning & strategy.
- Apply best practices of business administration in discipline specific functional areas.
4+1 MBA: Learn More
Enhance your degree with one of our cutting-edge, technology-focused online concentrations, developed in conjunction with faculty experts at leading academic institutions.
- Certified Financial Planning: Launch your career in a fast-growing industry as you prepare to sit for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam.
- Cybersecurity: Gain the knowledge and hands-on technical skills to combat cyber criminals threatening our privacy, security, and safety.
- Data Analytics: Master the data skills necessary to start a successful career the moment you graduate.
- Digital Marketing: Learn to build the brands people love and launch a career in one of the most opportunity-rich fields in the world.
- Hospitality and Tourism Management: Embark on an educational journey through a flourishing tourism and hospitality industry. Learn More About Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Project Management: Develop marketable, meaningful leadership and management skills that will provide massive opportunity in any industry.
- Web Design: Study visual design, human-computer interaction, and programming to make the Internet beautiful and functional.